So now you know why I do what I do, but just exactly is it that I do, how does it work, and how do I do it?
Try this: Picture a wheel. There is a center of the wheel, and then there are spokes coming out of the center of the wheel, attaching to the outer rim of the wheel. In my practice, the concepts of ENERGY MEDICINE are at the center of the wheel.
1. The body contains healing intelligence and seeks to heal itself.
2. The body seeks balance.
3. Life force energy runs through energy pathways or meridians and is concentrated at chakras or energy centers. Disturbances or blockages in the meridians or charkas manifest as physical, mental, emotional or spiritual dis-ease. Energy medicine modalities seek to re-establish balance of chi along the meridians and the chakras.
4. As practitioners of energy medicine, we do not diagnose or prescribe. Rather we assess energetic flow and correct energy disturbances, imbalances or blockages in the system, using a variety of techniques and healing modalities.
5. Energy medicine helps the body’s energies to flow, in harmony and balance, creating an energetic environment that supports overall health and healing.
6. Physical symptoms can often provide clues about the types of energy imbalances in the body. Energy medicine assesses how the body’s energy flow impacts on specific medical conditions. Individual treatment protocols are customized to help boost the body’s energetic system in ways that help specific health conditions, since correction of energetic imbalances are the foundation of vibrant health and vitality.
7. There are 3 components to health: Physical, chemical and emotional. An imbalance in any one of these aspects affects the entire organism.
8. Emotions are energy. Over time, if disruptions in the energetic systems impacted by emotions are not addressed, physical symptoms and disease can develop.
9. Energy medicine modalities can be used as a complement to other systems of medical care or as a complete system for self-help and self-care.
(With credit to Donna Eden and David Feinstein, from the Handout Bank of the Energy Medicine Institute. To find out more about energy medicine, go to www.energymed.org).
This is the foundation or philosophic core of all the therapeutic modalities used at Sole-utions. Regarding the spokes of the wheel; these are made up of the various healing modalities practiced at Sole-utions: reflexology, kinergetics, energy psychology, aromatherapy and Bach flower essence therapy.
Come back soon for more information of the modalities.